How does Henson Plant protect the environment?
We recognise and understand the environmental impact our work has on the planet and our local communities. From the fuel that we use in our machinery to the impact on local ecosystems and wildlife. That’s why we have made a commitment to reduce the impact of the plant equipment we supply.
For us, sustainability is a key area to resolve the impact of machinery, not only to safeguard the public and provide peace of mind but to also protect and restore the environment and stimulate economic growth in the areas we operate. Always striving to leave the local environment in a better condition than we found it.
We see our role within the wider national and global vision. We are playing our part in tackling climate change and supporting the UK in its green goals. We have set ambitious goals and targets for limiting Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
Our sustainability goals drive innovative practices and ways of working. They provide a framework for us to deliver social and environmental benefits:
We offer solutions designed to:
- Reduce Fuel Costs
- Lower noise levels in built-up areas.
- Cut Air Pollution
- Reduce carbon footprints
- Reduce time spend completing maintenance tasks.
This has a direct impact on the work we do and the impact we create, we have already implemented new practices to protect our local landscapes:
- Protecting water courses from spillages by utilising our huge fleet of machines
- Challenging ourselves to undertake our work as sustainably by training our operators to use their machines more efficiently and by driving the adoption of machine control in support of the ‘site of the future’ and so reducing the overall amount of re-work that impacts our construction projects today.
- Actively seek (and invest in) low-carbon opportunities such as electric and hybrid vehicles.
As part of this challenge, we are setting ourselves ambitious targets to play our part in tackling global sustainability issues. We also remain committed to working with and enhancing the local communities and businesses where we operate and contributing to a better quality of life for future generations.
We work hard to help protect the environment from the effects of our daily activities.