How using an auger attachment for the JCB 3CX can save you time and money on your project?
How using an auger attachment for the JCB 3CX can save you time and money on your project
To get a job done efficiently you need the right tool for the job. However, working out which is the right tool can be tricky. That’s where experts come in.
In this article, we will discuss what an auger attachment is, the specific applications of the auger attachment to get your job done right, and how to ensure it is the right tool for your project.
What is an auger drill bit?
An auger is a drill bit that is shaped like a spiral and used to drill holes in the ground, or wood, or plastic. The metal shaft, shaped like a corkscrew, has a blade at the end, and there are many variations of it depending on what you need to use it for.
It also comes in many lengths and widths – ranging from a handheld one for use around the house to large-scale ones that attach to machinery, like the JCB 3CX. No matter the size, the universal shape of the auger helps create clean holes as the corkscrew shape removes the soil, or wood, or metal it is drilling through as it goes, sending the removed material back out of the hole.
What is an auger attachment on a backhoe loader good at?
If you need to dig many holes of the same size to put in fence poles, or to plant a new orchard of trees, or perhaps sink deep straight shafts to put up utility poles, then using this attachment on the compact backhoe loader, known as the JCB 3CX, is ideal.
The JCB 3CX is versatile and its powerful engine and hydraulic system provides enough torque to drill through tough soils, making it – coupled with the auger attachment – the perfect tool for digging holes. https://hensonplant.co.uk/backhoe-loaders
Use it for:
- Consistency of hole size.
- Speedy completion of the job.
- Saving time so you can get on with the rest of the project.
Why Henson are the experts
Henson Plant Hire has more than three decades of experience delivering expert service for those needing plant and construction equipment, no matter the size and scale of their operation. The team offers equipment and service for an array of projects, from a compact JCB to large-scale plant hire. https://hensonplant.co.uk/backhoe-loaders
Henson has built up a fleet of machinery and the JCB 3CX is the backbone of that fleet. Hence their expertise in advising customers on the best machinery and attachments to do the job right the first time.
Also, if you feel that the task you’ve set yourself is too large-scale or too specialised for you to do, the team will arrange for one of their experts to do it for you. All of Henson’s equipment operators are CPCS/CITB accredited.
Henson Plant Hire works across sectors from DIY, and gardening, to archaeological digs, and housing projects. There is no job too big or too small for the team to advise you on: https://hensonplant.co.uk/general-enquiry
What to consider about your project needs:
- You need to select the size of the auger attachment based on the purpose of the holes you are digging. The drill bits come in a variety of lengths and widths to accommodate different needs. Ask a Henson expert: https://hensonplant.co.uk/general-enquiry
- You need to plan ahead where to dig the holes, ensuring you mark out and measure so that once you have the right equipment you can get the work done efficiently, without delays.
- An auger offers great consistency and speed, delivering the same-sized holes based on your choice of the auger’s length and width.
- Once you have the specs of your job, decide whether you want to do it yourself, or if it is more efficient to get someone else to do it for you.
Did you know? Here’s how other industries use auger bits:
- It is used to harvest syrup from Maple trees.
- It is used to cut holes in the thick ice for fishing.
- A grain auger is used to get the grain from the ground to the top of the grain bins.